1. It’s all about you…it’s all one-sided… you forget that a relationship takes both parties. Your readers will know if you care, or if you are just looking for more traffic.
2. Your content is boring, yes BORING… I mean how many people really want to read all about your ingrown toenail and what you ate for dinner last night, day after day after day… come on!
4. Your content is too serious, you don’t keep it light and fun. Or, you take yourself too seriously. Even worse! (I need to work on this one!)
5. You don’t use photographs or any kind of visual images to break up the text. Borrow pics from friends, or use a photo app like Zemanta”. It really helps break up the words!
6. You talk too much… it’s got to be quick facts, not essays. I still struggle with this. Edit, edit, edit! My midweek random rambles are good examples. Many of my other posts are not.
7. You never answer questions or respond to reader comments. (see #1)
8. You are irrelevant. (see#9)
9. You don’t get out much. (see #8)
10. You only have a virtual network, not a real life group of friends, and they are only about networking, not relating.
OK, THAT’S 10, SO YOU CAN STOP READING NOW IF YOU WANT TO!!! (or keep going…)
11. Your motives are questionable. (see #1)
12. You are too busy blogging (networking, facebooking etc) and forget your real friends, which brings you back to #10.
13. You engage in many meaningless conversations rather than a few meaningful ones.
14. You pretend to be someone you are not, use old photos of yourself (or someone else entirely). I mean, someone’s going to want to meet you in real life someday… so be prepared!
15. You steal content from other blogs, and your readers find out (or not, but you still do it!).
16. You try too hard to be cool, trendy, edgy, sophisticated, ___________ (you fill it in) rather than just being yourself. Be yourself!
17. You are stale… don’t read anything, don’t stay on top of what’s going on the world, don’t respond to current events (see #9). Does this mean I have to start watching the news?
18. You appear to be better than others, preachy in your content, hypocritical, judgmental, like you have it all together. This is never attractive!
19. You put expectations on people you don’t really know… make demands.
20. You mistake online relationships for friends (see #19)
21. You take a stand on something, but don’t back it up with facts. You have the audacity to hold out things like faith as an answer to real life problems. (I guess I fail here… but I’m not going to stop doing this!)
22. You state moral absolutes (I guess I fail again!)
23. You talk about people in your real life without asking their permission… you embarrass them, frustrate them, confuse them. You have to ask their forgiveness.
Thanks for reading… all the way to the bottom!!!
- Why do my ingrown toenails get infected sometimes? (zocdoc.com)
- Zemanta For Blogger ?! (sedatkurtulus.blogspot.com)
- Random Flickr Image via Zemanta; experiment ensues (quantumxen.net)
- Midweek random ramble021 (buddybreathing.wordpress.com)
- About Top Tens (clubpenguinsmac.wordpress.com)
- Christina Aguilera: Top Ten on ‘Letterman’! (justjared.buzznet.com)