81. car wash patterns of soap bubbled water
82. sharp edge silhouettes against sunset sky glow
83. kids friends hanging around, laughter wafting from other rooms
84. dark not dark at 10 pm.
85. fridge front covered with v.i.p. photographs
86. waking up to first thoughts
87. catching myself smiling
88. buying another copy of my new favourite book, waiting to see who it’s for
90. supper prepared, served, eaten, enjoyed
91. anticipation of writing time
92. going home after
93. ospreys stand nest edge
94. muskrat v in the marsh
95. walking and talking with a friend
96. knowing all shall be well
68. sounds of new construction hammering the distance
69. Emmy dog curled up by warm rocks in watery sunlight
70. blueberry pancakes griddle brown
71. fixers… vets and docs and dentists and car mechanics
72. tired beauty of tattered curtains in empty farmhouse window
73. Eames designed lime green chair
74. God provided window of opportunity
75. amped up guitar practice next room over
76. reading on the back porch
78. working out the details, making it work
80. the millisecond it took for the cyclist going the wrong way on the sidewalk to safely pass my car
Corn Griddle Cakes (Photo credit: ulterior epicure)
Things I saw while not looking
A lone robin — Spring’s ambassador —
hopping tentatively over the tired snow.
Red-wing blackbirds calling in raucous warbles
from hidden perches in the frozen marsh.
Three tundra swans banking wide white circles
in the valley below us, on our way home from school.
The sun painting my kitchen a watery yellow
through fingerprinted winter windows.
Photo courtesy of Malcolm Evans