As I walk this road into the unknown, there are several things that I know to be true…
1. God continues to surprise me… not that I deserve it, not that I take it for granted… but that when things happen to me I honestly say, “God did that!”
2. I don’t know what’s ahead of me, but when I look behind me I can see a progressive pattern… a trail much like the wake in this photo my son Malcolm took… that gives me hope and purpose.
3. 5 years ago I never would have dreamed that I would be standing up in front of people reading my poetry to them… and feeling quite happy and excited to do so. I’m not really an upfront person. But, when I read my poetry, I love to read it out loud! I love to see the reaction it has on people… first hand… reading their expressions, waiting for their comments, wondering if it resonates in any way. And when it does… pure pleasure for this girl!
4. The reason for this post is to say… “GOD DID THIS” again! And, to share with you that I am going to be reading my poetry up front and personal and out loud this week… click HERE for the details;
5. I had to write an Author’s Bio. for Thursday evening… and this is what I decided to write. Then I read what I wrote and again I thought… “GOD DID THAT!” I’m OK with the fact that you might not share my beliefs in this area, but I believe that what God is doing is bigger than anything I could have done on my own. My bio. is proof of that.
“Lesley-Anne Evans lives in Kelowna, British Columbia with her husband of 23 years, three children aged 17, 14 and 12, and one naughty but loveable dog.
Poetry is her passion, but she also writes non-fiction, technical and editorial pieces. She has written for Okanagan Life Magazine, The Kelowna Daily Courier, Okanagan Women’s Weekly, was Co-Editor of “The Well” an E-Zine for women, is Creator of Pink Ink Workshop – a women’s online writing network. Most recently, Lesley-Anne had a poem published in UBCO’s LAKE – Journal of Art and Environment.
Lesley-Anne’s poetry melds intimate observations of land and people, inviting us on a journey into beauty and longing. Some of her poems are available weekly on her blog “Buddy Breathing” ( www.buddybreathing.wordpress.com).
Lesley-Anne finds great pleasure in reading her poetry aloud to others.
She is currently working on her first book. “
Anyway, if you are free on Thursday night, and you live in Kelowna, and you’d like to pop by for a visit… please do. It might make me nervous to see familiar faces in the crowd, but I know it will make me smile. Thanks for all you have done and continue to do to support and encourage me. It means a lot.
‘Sol Deo Gloria’