I’ve been otherwise occupied, obvious from the date of my last post. I’m sorry. Not much in the way of blogging, or even new poetry writing. But a rich time of learning the history of epic poetic genius, and growing into new word pursuits presenting to me in my community. Awe-struck by it all.
Here are a few things I recommend to you in my latent absence, or in the intent of a poetic line/seed poem that is rooting itself in my brain, in the commendation of sparrows and lesser things;
1. John Donne ~ Holy Sonnets, specifically Death Be Not Proud.
2. Wit ~ Play by Margaret Edson, screen adaptation, starring Emma Thompson.
3. BBC Documentary on Sir Gawain and the Green Knight.
4. Take a course, push outside the comforting constraints of current circles, learn.
5. Self-knowledge. Dig in. Unearth. Make adjustments.
6. Forgive. Often.
7. Dive into Life. Abandon yourself. That most often requires slowing down.
That’s all my friends.