1. Overheard at the Easter dinner table…
- “I heard these stats quoted that the functional illiteracy rate in Canada is over 40%! How can that be true?” (Check it out here)
- “It was that time of day where the land is still dark, but the sky is light with dawn… and there they were… three heads poking out of the nest, facing the rising sun… it was SOOOOO cute!”
- “Choir was exhausting… practises, services, emotions… but we were singing this one song and all of us were swaying to the music and I thought… wow, this is what it’s all about!”
- “What is Twitter for anyway? I mean really… what’s the purpose of it?”
- “So, we squirted the fake poop on their pillows, then sprayed it liberally with fart spray!”
- “Are you wearing a suit or a tux for Grad? So, do you get your date flowers, or what?”
- “She was down on the ground crying, and the ref didn’t even blow the whistle… he said “play on!!!”
- “Thank you Lord, for this time together as families, even though we don’t spend nearly enough time together… thank you that we have so much to celebrate together today!”
- “You can prank our family anytime!”
2. So I planted some iris in the garden… striped iris! My hubby’s in disbelief because it’s just not like me to plan something so gaudy! Maybe it’s time to branch out a little more in my planting schemes?
3. Emmy broke her toe at the dog park a couple of weeks ago. She was running… fast… and somehow got it caught on something. Anyway, her purple cast (colour coordinated with her purple collar) is doing the trick so far, but she keeps chewing on it, licking her leg above it. I can’t imagine how itchy it must be for her, and pretty hard to explain to a dog! She’s not supposed to run on her leg, even though she wants to. She can, however, leap up the stairs on 3 legs, adapting to the ‘loss’ of her limb within 2 days of getting the cast on. Wow! Reminds me of the dog we met in Cancun who was being fitted for a wheeled cart to replace her hind legs that had been paralyzed in a hit and run. That particular dog is now living a new life in Calgary!
4. So much laundry, so little time. One load at a time, LA, one load at a time!
5. Trying to recapture fun and humour again… and with it some joy. Life has a way of sucking the joy out of you… if you let it! You know what I mean…
Here are some photos that reminded me of goofy, fun, happy times! Time to check out your own photos… if you need reminding!
- Midweek Random Ramble020 (buddybreathing.wordpress.com)
- Midweek Random Ramble018 (buddybreathing.wordpress.com)
Have been missing the random rambles somehow. Loved to hear your “overheard at the dinner table”. I am surprised about the 40% functional literacy but I have to say when I think about it, it makes sense with the way kids have been getting passed on to the next grade over the years, without achieving their grade level goals, and with the “whole language” method of teaching kids to read that they were using 20 years ago.
[…] Midweek random ramble021 (buddybreathing.wordpress.com) […]